Richmond upon Thames College
Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) is one of London’s most successful Further Education Colleges providing education and training to 16-18 year olds and adults from across Richmond, London and Surrey. In November 2017, Ofsted judged the college good in all areas and this outcome complements the college’s 2017 results, which were the best in over a decade.
As one of London’s top colleges* our purpose is to drive aspiration, ambition and achievement and to help all learners fulfil their potential and achieve their goals and aspirations. We work closely with employers to provide learners with opportunities that enhance their careers and life chances with inspired provision and a commitment to our community values of mutual respect, honesty, integrity and personal accountability.
We offer a wide range of academic and technical vocational qualifications (entry level through to level 6) including A Levels, technical and vocational qualifications, higher education courses and apprenticeships and with our excellent student support services and dedicated staff, we are confident that we offer learners one of the best study/training experiences in London. Around 3,000 students and employers choose us because we offer a friendly and supportive environment along with some of the best results in London.
The new campus will help establish RuTC as a college for careers with an outstanding reputation for services to learners and employers. It will bring together education, enterprise and the local community to deliver innovative curricular that exploits the latest technologies. Alongside academic programmes, campus specialisms will include creative arts and media, hospitality and leisure, digital technology, engineering, sciences, health, construction and sport and qualifications and training delivered through a wide range and volume of technical diplomas and degrees, apprenticeship provision, and through preparation for higher education where employers are looking to recruit at graduate level.
The campus will establish RuTC as a destination for the public, local community and employers, while creating a major gateway to employment and higher skills.
Alongside learners and businesses, the wider community will benefit from this development and will be able to take advantage of many of the new facilities including:
- Spa and wellness centre with a state of the art fitness studio
- Sports Centre and Sports labs along with two all-weather playing fields for rugby and football.
- Digital Golf studio
- Theatre with seating for 160 people
- Live performance stage
- TV Studios
- 3D prototyping FabLab
- Art gallery, providing an opportunity for local artists and photographers to exhibit their work
- 60 cover Silver Service dining Chefs’ Academy with Chefs’ in Residence and a bookable 8 covers chef’s table cited within the kitchen
- Business incubation spaces and a business lounge
- STEM Centre featuring a Construction Renewables Centre and a Low Carbon Automotive Centre
(*www.education.gov.uk – KS5 courses Jan 2016)
For more information about Richmond upon Thames College, go to: www.rutc.ac.uk
- Haymarket Media Group information
- Harlequins information
- Clarendon School information
- Richmond Council information